- We believe in professional and personal growth of our students, and life-long learning.
- We value excellence in an open-minded work- and study-environment.
- We embrace and integrate technology in the classrooms, and in business.
- We strive to introduce and promote the global spirit of innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- We are committed to continual improvement of our teaching performance and operations to exceed student’s expectations.
- We recognise the dignity of every person, and repect cultural and religious diversity.
- We are dedicated to the success of our students.
SLGTI is offering a unique training programme in Sri Lanka that provides vocational training on high quality for National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) on level 4 and higher technical education on level 5 and 6. The state-of-the-art vocational training institute is supporting you to find new job opportunities for your career. The institute is offering for young women and young men a diverse range of trainings in the fields of Automotive Technology, Construction Technology, Electronics and Electrical Technology, Food Processing Technology, Information and Communication Technology, and Mechanical Technology.
The training at SLGTI is based on labour market needs, backed by On-the-Job training (OJT) and hands-on experience. The benefits you will receive are:
- The training is linked to the needs of the private sector, to give you the best possibilities to find a highly recognised job.
- You will learn English and soft skills to be competitive at the national and international market.
- If you wish, you will be trained on entrepreneur development to start your own business (will be provided in 2018).
- You will be supported to find OJT in branded companies, in order to collect real working experience at the best conditions.
The classes are conducted by trainers undergone an international training. Also international staff are ensuring the high quality of the training. The buildings in Kilinochchi are newly constructed. The equipment is state of the art. The classrooms and workshops are designed to have the best conditions to teach in the specified trades. SLGTI offers the following facilities as well:
- Childcare facilities/Kindergarten
SLGTI is a national institution open to all citizens who are at the age of 16 or above. The vocational training institute offers programmes for those who are following a career path through the National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) system or follow the stream of technical colleges. Entry requirements for the related NVQ Level 4-6 programmes and a list of available NVQ programmes are given below. Students who meet the given requirements may apply at SLGTI accordingly:
NVQ Level-4 ProgrammesRequirements: Pass at the GCE (O/L) Examination in 06 subjects Available NVQ Level-4 Programmes:
- Automobile Mechanics
- Construction Site Supervisor
- ICT Technician
- Motorcycle / 3 Wheel Engine Mechanic
- Refrigeration & A/C Mechanic
Bridging course for NVQ Level-5 ProgrammesRequirements: Successfully complete NVQ Level-3 in a relevant field, or Pass at the GCE (A/L) Examination in 03 subjects Available bridging courses for NVQ Level-5 Programmes:
- Bridging Automotive Technology
- Bridging Construction Technology
- Bridging Food Technology
- Bridging ICT Technology
- Bridging Mechanical Technology
- Bridging Mechatronics Technology
NVQ Level-5 ProgrammesRequirements: Successfully complete NVQ Level-4 in a relevant field, or successfully complete Bridging course for NVQ Level-5 Available NVQ Level-5 programmes:
- Automotive Technology
- Construction Technology
- Food Technology
- ICT Technology
- Mechatronics Technology
- Production Technology
NVQ Level-6 ProgrammesRequirements: Successfully completion of NVQ Level-5 in a relevant field Available programmes:
- ICT Technology
- Mechantronics Technology